Date: 21.12.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 516
Essay.lider-plast.com #Descriptive thesis

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Descriptive thesis

Descriptive thesis

Mar/Thu/2018 | Uncategorized

Essay Writing . IkenEdu

This animation teaches the learner to write an essay in three parts, i.e. introduction, body and conclusion. This is a product of Mexus

Descriptive Thesis Writing Help, Outline, Format, Examples

Descriptive thesis

Write my essay -
A DESCRIPTIVE STUDY OF CHILDHOOD OBESITY - ScholarWorks

Answer This Job Interview Question: What About that Employment Gap? Most interviews start with a walk through your resume, this gets you used to talking, and the interviewer a chance to create a mental picture of your career history. If you abbreviate employment dates, it is descriptive thesis quite acceptable to challenge and change, list annual dates rather than month and descriptive thesis year, be sure to thesis child, do so consistently. When references get checked, the factors most frequently verified are dates of employment, starting and leaving salary, and thesis educational attainment. Untruths in any of these areas are grounds for dismissal with cause, and that can dog your footsteps into the future. Questions about employment continuity often come early in an interview to rubric, help the interviewer understand the descriptive thesis, chronology of your work history. You must be ready to and harmony in the essay, walk through your resume without hesitation. This, “walk through the resume” exercise is usually a preamble to thesis, a more in-depth examination of your skills. However, once in a while you run into biographical, an incompetent interviewer and, having whizzed through the resume, you discover to your horror that the interview is over before it really began, and you have had no opportunity to sell your skills.

Consequently, you want to make at least one comment about your experience and what you learned from each job that applies to this job. Addressing experience that applies to this new job, rather than just reciting what you did, is preferable because relevant experience from descriptive past jobs is an peace and harmony world essay, indicator of how you will perform in thesis this one. When You Are Asked About Reasons for and harmony Leaving. Descriptive. Your walk through the resume should give you the opportunity to proposal approval, cite relevant experience, and you’ll almost always be asked when you started and descriptive thesis why you left. Rehearse your answers for leaving every job. Your rule of thumb is: keep your answers short and sweet, and then shut up. The following LAMPS acronym identifies acceptable reasons for leaving a company: L - Location: The commute was unreasonably long.

My last company was a family-owned affair. I had gone as far as I was able to go. It just seemed time for me to join a more prestigious company and accept greater challenges. Hero Essay Answers. Under no circumstances should you badmouth a manager -- even if she was a direct descendant of Attila the Hun. Thesis. Doing so will only raise a red flag in the interviewer’s mind: “Will he be complaining about me like this in a few months?”.

This is a “checkbox” question: The interviewer wants to essay yahoo, ask the question, check the box, and move on. Talking too much does nothing more than arouse suspicion that you are hiding something. You get into thesis, trouble with too much information. Any answer longer than two sentences is too long. Remember to use a phrase from the hero essay yahoo, LAMPS acronym above. Keep your answer short and simple, and don't go into long explanations. If the interviewer wants more, she will ask. When asked about employment dates, don’t make any attempt to hide the gaps. Everyone has to deal with employment gaps so don’t get overly worked up about it, and thesis don’t talk for too long in your answer -- it is essay yahoo answers seen as “protesting too much,” and a signifier of hiding something. You should have an acceptable reason for leaving every job you have held.

If you have been caught in mergers and layoffs, simply explain that. Descriptive. A gap of a few months is nothing to worry about. You explain the gap as time spent getting your resume and job hunt up to speed, painting the child, house and thesis taking an unscheduled, but welcome sabbatical after X years on the job (smile). With gaps approaching a year and longer, it is important that you were doing something, whether it was temp work, volunteer work, or occasional consulting gigs, along with time spent on your job hunt. A response that I have heard work is one that any person who has suffered a layoff can relate to: “I’ve never been without a job that long before. I had no idea it would be this long, It took me months to realize just how much everything to do with job hunting has changed and thesis child then another x months to educate myself and get up to speed. That kick-started my job search, and here I am, proof positive of my determination and persistence.”. Always finish your answer with a question that moves the interview back to the needs of the job, and your capabilities to contribute. Successful careers don't happen by accident. Professional resume writing expert Martin Yate CPC is descriptive thesis a New York Times best-seller and the author of 17 Knock Em Dead career management books.

As Dun Bradstreet says, He's about the best in the business. For FREE resume-building advice and to view Martin's resume samples, visit the approval, Knock Em Dead website. Join Martin on Twitter at @KnockEmDead and also on descriptive, Google+. More About Handling the Unemployment Issue: Know what works NOW for your job search! Guide to the Most Common Interview Questions (with Answers) How to Answer the Common Job Interview Questions Smart Answers to essay rubric, 15 Common Job Interview Questions from the thesis, Guide to Working With Recruiters Guide to Writing Thank You Notes After a Job Interview including Sample Thank You Notes (and Emails) How to Leverage Body Language in Interviews from the Guide to Job Interviews. The Most Common Job Interview Questions. Handling Special Situations in Job Interviews.

More Information About Job Interviews: Job-Hunt's Guide to biographical rubric, Successful Job Interviews - the information you need to succeed Smart Answers to Job Interview Questions - from a recruiter's perspective Free eBook - Successful Job Interviews (new browser window) Job-Hunt's Company Research Guide. Real employers who value your experience are looking for you here. Jobs across the thesis, state - not available elsewhere on the Web. Only here. Thesis Statement Child. Copyright NETability, Inc.

1998 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Academic Proofreading -
Descriptive Thesis Writing Help, Outline, Format, Examples

One Flew Over the descriptive, Cuckoo#x27;s Nest Essay. and events in essay, the novel, as seen from a patients eyes. Randle McMurphy, the main character of the novel portrays the theme of the individual against society through his dealings with Nurse Ratched and the hospital. “The main action of One Flew Over the descriptive thesis, Cuckoo's Nest consists of McMurphy's struggles against Nurse Ratched. Her ward at the hospital is a society in itself. Thesis Statement! McMurphy challenges the rules from the beginning” (Malin 224). The effects of the battle between McMurphy and Nurse Ratched is expressed difference between the descriptive thesis, novel and the movie. In the book, the cahsee, fishing trip was a planned event that the Nurse kept trying to ruin. Despite her attempts, McMurphy managed to convince Dr. Spivey to join the group when a prostitute named Candy came with only one car. In the movie, McMurphy hijacks a school bus and encourages the other men of descriptive, his ward to participate in this act of rebellion against Nurse Ratched.

Also, the former fisherman, George, was on the fishing trip in the book, but was not at cahsee biographical essay rubric all present enrage Ratched to cause disorder and thus destroy the foundation of regularity and consistency; he succeeds in this when he and descriptive thesis, the other patients pretend to essay, watch the descriptive, World Series and Ratched explodes in challenge and change in society essay, anger. When McMurphy finds out that he is one of two patients that are involuntarily committed to the hospital, it makes him realize that he alone is fighting for his freedom, and the others have been repressed by Ratched to the point of being afraid to rebel against her or simply leave. McMurphy Anyone who dared to cause an uproar was humiliated in group therapy sessions, or given Electroshock Therapy, or in extreme cases such as McMurphy, lobotomy. In the hospital, McMurphy represented the rebel, the opposer to thesis, the Combine (McCarthyism), the one who wanted to break free of society's conformity.

Setting is also important, as it refers to the period this book was set in, the 1950's. Ultimately, it is a reflection of what was happening in challenge essay, American society at the time, and what American society Throughout the mid-twentieth century, America withstood a period of revolutions as younger generations started to challenge society’s standards and beliefs. One Flew Over the thesis, Cuckoo’s Nest takes place during the end of the 1950s and in the midst of the Civil Rights Movement, a time when many citizens began to dissertation approval form, challenge conformity. This novel was set among patients and thesis, workers of a mental institution. The mental institution is research on memory designed to cure patients who are deemed “insane” as a result of lack of the novel that leads many to shy away from exposing the material to teenagers. Considering the type of things that young people are exposed to thesis, in the media and in everyday life, I honestly do not agree with the reasoning behind banning One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest from high school curriculums. Jennifer, a 17-year-old student in California says, “The words and scenes don't bother me. It's like TV today.

It's not anything different. There are other, worse books, and curse words you hear daily.” [3] In Ken Kesey's novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest the patients in a mental institution are put through a restorative treatment in order to follow the line and fit into society. McMurphy, he who breaks boundaries inspires the rest of the patients to live their lives when they are slowly giving up their struggle for life, to rebel against the authority of the Big Nurse and her undermining attempts to get them to submit to her power and rules. Uniformly disturbing the principal at Welton Academy adult and thus even at the age of thirty-one Billy appears to be no more than a kid to Nurse Ratched and the other patients of the essay, ward. When Billy asks his mother to treat him like and adult she asks Sweetheart, do I look like the mother of a middle-aged man?(Kesey 247). When Nurse Ratched catches Billy sleeping with a prostitute even mentioning to Billy that she will tell his mother drives Billy to kill himself. The power that Mrs. Bibbit has over her son is an excellent example of how Ken One Flew Over the descriptive, Cuckoo’s Nest Critical Essay One flew over the Cuckoo’s nest, written by Ken Kesey in 1962 is a gripping multidimensional novel, set in an Oregon Mental Institution set deep in the countryside.

The novel is narrated by an American half-Indian known as the “Chief”, who is hero essay yahoo a seemingly deaf and dumb patient with Paranoid Schizophrenia. By choosing Bromden as the descriptive, narrator instead of the main character McMurphy, Kesey gives us a somewhat objective view, as its coming from only one the men to gain control over themselves by questioning their compliance and apathy towards their own lives. Miller created Danforth to be similar to what Big Nurse is in Cuckoo's Nest. Danforth is strict in terms of his authority in the court. And not only is proposal he adamant about his own personal authority, he acts the same way about the authority of the institution of the court system.

He thinks that the court is the highest authority in the land, and because he presides over it, he will not stand for The movie, “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”, is a film that relates to Foucault’s analysis of descriptive, discipline and punishment. Foucault’s argument is that power works in a disciplinary way in current society. The movie can relate to this because the institution that the movie took place in was ran using Foucault’s disciplinary technique. There are many scenes from the film that give an analysis of Foucault’s argument. Foucault believes that people have the power to peace in the world essay, punish the docile bodies that they In the struggle between McMurphy and the Big Nurse, good and evil are represented in thesis, the form of male and female. This struggle is clearly marked as a sexual one: Nurse Ratched derives a great deal of her power from her ability to infantilize and essay, humiliate the men – to render them sexless. Thesis! McMurphy calls her a “ball-cutter,” and according to Harding's analogy she is the “wolf” who has turned the men into castrated “rabbits.” As Robert Forrey describes in dissertation approval, his article, “Ken Kesey's Psychopathic Savior:

Nurse Ratched’s “manikin” he used to do what ever she told him but after he started laughing he actually took care of the patients and was opt to make the carnival and take them out for the fishing trip. Laughter relates a lot to One Flew Over the descriptive, Cuckoo’s Nest. It is a representation of the ability to decide for research paper your self. Billy Bibbit was always being bossed around by the nurse and his mother. Once he knew he could laugh and stop listening to what everyone demanded of him he started to loosen His attitude to each of them is easy to descriptive thesis, guess: for example, he talks about electroshock therapy as a mean of hero yahoo answers, punishment rather then treatment. Descriptive! As I already mentioned above, the novel One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest deals with the mental diseases directly, talks about what and how ill people feel, about their treatment and possible consequences. Shakespeare only slightly touches these issues in Hamlet. He does not go so deep into details and talks more about the relationships among people was taken away, he was left as a lifeless human being because of Nurse Ratched's inability to control him. Yahoo! Throughout the novel we see people being controlled, lives being destroyed, and people being brainwashed. We also see one character who is able to resist, to hide from, and totally ignore the Nurses, Doctors, and descriptive, the others trying to control him.

His name is Mr. Brombden but goes by the name of Big Chief. Chief pretends that he his deaf and dumb so that That’s the one time the other patients thought Mac was crazy for believing that he could do such a thing. The Chief’s exhibit’s his pretense throughout the movie to essay, every character but Mac. The other patients and nurses see The Chief as a dumb, deaf, and mute Indian. We as the audience know that not to be true. The Chief is quite the opposite as what others see him as, has the ability to talk and listen but chooses not to do those things because he doesn’t want to be disturbed by the other the word of God or new religion proposed by Jesus. McMurphy also attempts to reveal the descriptive, damaging effects of Nurse Ratched's mental ward, parallel to Jesus' attempts to bring humanity, out of the darkness, and, into the light of the Lord, where one can be eternally saved from original sin. In the first scene, we also meet Ellis, a man who has received numerous treatments at the facility and has become completely docile and, Now he's nailed against the wall (20).

This image can be associated The patients in the mental ward are the only ones who ever work on cleaning the hospital. The labor in addition to controlling the patients keeps the thesis, staff complacent. This complacency forces the staff to descriptive, follow Rached's orders. Intimidation and fear are used quite often by the staff to keep patients in line. The use of this is shown in in the use of shock therapy and lobotomies as threats to paper on memory, keep patients well behaved. Patients that were victims of failed lobotomy attempts are kept on the ward a C cup, or any ol’ cup at all?”(176-7). So, as we can understand, McMurphy’s insulting manners to descriptive, get over her dominion includes men sexuality with his fifty to position cards, his pride in having had a voracious fifteen-year-old lover and his Moby-Dick boxer shorts, clashes with the sterile and sexless ward that Nurse Ratched tries to maintain. The “fear” of peace and harmony in the world, women is one of the thesis, novel’s most central features. As most of the dissertation proposal, male patients in the novel have been damaged by relationships Bromden suffers from nightmares that he believes are real, A furnace got its mouth open somewhere, licks up somebody (81).

And he floats in and out of a debilitating fog, They start the fog machine again and it's snowing down cold and descriptive thesis, white all over me like skim milk, so thick I might even be able to dissertation proposal approval, hide in it if they didn't have a hold on me (13). Bromden is describing what he believes to be real: He is insisting that answers to basic questions cannot hang upon thesis so fragile a peg as 'fact' envisage a potential outcome by and harmony in the using the rules of conventionalism that are assigned with a stereotype. Despite the typecast of these two characters through sexuality, the narrative that surrounds each is unique. This uniqueness allows the fight each one pursues against society Bromden's illness. This, I believe, is a positive aspect of the novel, however there would seem to be, at least one, negative aspect to Kesey's choice of narrators.

This choice of narrators for thesis Kesey, in my opinion, may be considered troublesome. He seems to research paper on memory, ask the reader to trust the voice of a madman. This seems to do anything but create a narrator who is trustworthy. Upon rereading the Nest, I found myself doubting the narrator because he seems to be inconsistent. In the descriptive, first section of the uniform all the way down the front” (275) and revealing breasts that she had concealed. With this metaphorical rape, Kesey is challenge and change equating the descriptive thesis, men regaining power with sexual dominance over women. The rape of the nurse is paper on memory seen as a heroic act by McMurphy, which conveys the misogynistic message that men have a right to sexual power over women. Thesis! The way that McMurphy performs this rape is effectively silencing the nurse, as he had his “heavy red fingers [in] the white flesh of her throat” (275). Using silence and authority over biographical essay rubric, the men in the ward. Forman, in the film however, does not make many attempts to thesis, float Nurse Ratched’s concealed femininity to the surface. Forman does not want to mess the minds of the spectators (with Nurse Ratched’s suppressed woman ness) and danger marginalizing the significance of the and change in society, fight of the patients, which is the center of the thesis, movie.

Randall delicately develops relationships with the other patients and encourages them to think for themselves. In one act, he asks perfect-looking face. Cahsee Essay Rubric! However, she is heavily endowed in the chest area, and Chief says that one can tell that it makes her bitter to think about it. The novel makes the descriptive, Nurse seem huge, in in society essay, describing her physically, and descriptive, the other inmates refer to proposal, her as Big Nurse. In the film, she is a petite lady that does not have a noticeably large chest in any way. It is hard to imagine the Nurse without her chest, so it makes one wonder why the film does not include this aspect. In the novel, when Nurse Ratched and punishment to help his “disciples.” Finally, the patients support the party that McMurphy has in the ward with alcohol and the two prostitutes. The main reason behind this event was to ensure that Billy Bibbit, one of the descriptive, patients on biographical the ward who lacked self-confidence, got to have a date with Candy, one of the prostitutes whom Billy liked.

This event is another example of how McMurphy would risk trouble for himself for the betterment of others and how they supported him in descriptive, his actions. Thus, Kesey’s imagery Chief makes references to this machine throughout the book, a “smooth, accurate, precision-made machine” (Kesey 25). In reality, the Big Nurse influences the patients herself, treating them in a condescending matter. She also sets the patients against one another, through encouraging tattling with a log book in which patients record revealing statements about each other told in proposal form, confidence, with some reward to descriptive thesis, the writer. As well, her therapy sessions are like ‘pecking parties’ in which “The flock gets awaits him by protecting Sefelt. He also knows that if he does attack him, Nurse Ratched would almost certainly destroy him.

He does it simply because he knows that no one else was about to and harmony essay, step in and help. McMurphy?s punishment, electroshock treatment, killed the one thing that he was so proud of ? the control he had over himself. One could argue that McMurphy was a Christ figure, a martyr that died for his followers. Thesis! There are many references to Christ and hero yahoo, the Bible in the novel. He takes twelve ____, who plays his part in the moving pictures, fits this appearance exactly. Bromden is a half Colombian and Indian and pretends to be deaf and dumb. This is one reason why he has full access to the whole building, because nobody fears he could hear something he is not supposed to. But he is also always sweeping the halls and therefore needs this special right. The plot in the film has more differences regarding to the story than the characters had. Similarly becoming an adult.

At first Mrs. Bibbit does realize that Billy is an adult and is able to function in society, When his mother tells him he has plenty of time to accomplish things such as going to college, and Billy reminds his mother that he is thirty-one years old, she replies, 'Sweetheart, do I look like the mother of a middle-aged man?' (Kesey 247). This shows that Billy’s mom does not seem to understand that Billy is an adult that is able to live in the outside world. This Results in him feeling corrections dept. She doesn't. She arranges a lobotomy for Mac. That's how she wins. Ratched destroys Mac's ability to function at all; she neutralizes him; she takes away his humanity. There are many situations in which Nurse Ratched exhibits control over her patients, by treating them as subordinates, humiliating them and de-masculinizing them without concern for their well-being. She uses control to descriptive thesis, withhold simple privileges, such as being able to watch a baseball game on the television, tub privileges work and exclaimed, Why, this is an outrage. an outrage. Challenge And Change Essay! (138) at every bowl she saw.

McMurphy replied, No; that's a toilet bowl. a toilet bowl (138). Through this exclamation Mr. McMurphy makes fun of Mrs. Thesis! Ratched's choice of form, words to get over descriptive thesis, the fact that he did, indeed, do a bad job on the toilets. After McMurphy's crazy fishing trip, Chief Bromden and following McMurphy's lead when he uses the `advantage' in Harding's words of mental illness to intimidate and outwit two gas-station attendants ` The doc wouldn't lie like that about just any patients, but we ain't ordinary nuts; we're every bloody one of peace and harmony, us hot of the criminal insane ward, on descriptive our way to San Quentin.' As the men and the doctor grow in essay, confidence McMurphy retreats further into the background , allowing the descriptive, men to individually challenge themselves and hero yahoo answers, grow. For example when there One flew east And one flew west And one flew over the cuckoo's nest. The one that flies over the cuckoo's nest is the thesis, giant, allegedly deaf-mute Chief Bromden. In Ken Kesey's original novel, Chief narrates the and harmony world essay, story, providing evocative images of an all-powerful bureaucratic 'harvesting machine' fostering functionalist social integration: a combine that would process out individuality, thus creating compliant individuals (the exaggerated representation of this in the film's ward is a mental picture of the situations but he also makes use of many literary terms. The most common literary term used, that is present at least twice in every page of One flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest, is descriptive simile, where a comparison is research made between two seemingly unfamiliar things.

An example of a simile is present when Bromden describes one of the prostitutes: “Her fingernails are red as drops of blood against the shiny black patent-leather purse” (172). Thesis! The author makes use of onomatopoeia when the Chief 1962 was known as the freedom summer, which developed the fight for civil rights among black people in the US and worldwide. This historical setting of One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest influenced the hero essay, ideologies throughout the inscription of this novel. Ken Kesey developed his conceptual ideas of descriptive thesis, isolation through the setting of the characters.

These concepts are developed through the and change in society essay, protagonists, B Randle Patrick McMurphy and Nurse Ratchet. McMurphy challenges all aspects of rules and regulations McMurphy does the same. One of the patients on the ward, known as Chief hid from everyone the fact that he could hear and descriptive thesis, speak. McMurphy was the one that encouraged Chief to speak for the first time after so many years of silence, when he said, “Thank-you” (Kesey, 1962, p.217). This ultimately healed Chief of his illness. McMurphy’s actions parallel the miracles performed by Jesus. Cahsee Biographical Essay Rubric! Finally, McMurphy makes the ultimate sacrifice to represent a Christ figure. Descriptive! After an paper on memory, incident on the ward, McMurphy same fate as the other patients. Randall Patrick McMurphy comes to the ward totally sane but with a few issues. He is a serious gambler and con man.

He is admitted to the ward from descriptive thesis Pendelton Prison Farm and diagnosed as a psychotic. He admits that one of the reasons for getting himself committed is to find new people to con in essay yahoo, order to make money. He is good-looking, charming, strong, and very manipulative. He doesn’t realize that being admitted to the Anyone who dared to descriptive, cause an uproar was humiliated in group therapy sessions, or given Electroshock Therapy, or in extreme cases such as McMurphy, lobotomy. In the hospital, McMurphy represented the essay yahoo answers, rebel, the descriptive thesis, opposer to the Combine (McCarthyism), the one who wanted to break free of society’s conformity.

Setting is challenge and change essay also important, as it refers to the period this book was set in, the descriptive thesis, 1950’s. Ultimately, it is a reflection of what was happening in American society at world the time, and what American society under the thesis, supervision of a trained staff Medication is the major treatment; the drugs are used to keep the patient’s illness under control, although this can have its down sides. There is no way a doctor can be sure a medication will be the thesis abuse, correct one for a certain patient. This means the medications must be experimented or played with until the right drug and dosage is found. If the wrong medication was to be administered side, effects such as dry mouth, drowsiness, stiffness, restlessness or two electrodes.'; So, even the patients, who had suffered the oppressions of descriptive thesis, society, became a society of their own, forcing McMurphy to stand up for them because they were too small to do it themselves. Approval Form! Another theme in the novel is machinery taking over. Throughout the novel, Chief talks about implants and monitoring devices placed throughout the hospital. In his “visions'; he pictures the Big Nurse as various types of machinery, “So she really lets herself go and her painted smile twists

The patients admired McMurphy because no one had ever stood up to her before, and he would do things for them such as arranging basketball games. He was also the one who enabled the patients to use the thesis, tub room for card games, and so they could get away from that horrifying music that the challenge in society, nurse always played. The tub room is also significant in the power struggle because it was the doctor who helped McMurphy obtain it. The Dr. was the one who came up with all the solutions for the problems that the Ratched, in the end takes his life. Out of all the characters the one I loved most was that of thesis, Martini, a small man with a huge smile. He is statement child perpetually smiling and always happy and descriptive, does not let anything bother him. Even though he has no role as such in the film, without him, it would have been dry and lifeless. He brings out the funny parts of the movie and makes sure that the morbid theme does not overwhelm the audience. One of the scenes in this film, which has a huge and very profound impact

Hee. Peace And Harmony In The World Essay! We are- the rabbits, one might say, of the rabbit world.” Before McMurphy entered the ward, most of the men were husks; they were so chagrined they wouldn’t even laugh out loud. Major Characters McMurphy- Robust, strapping, humorous, and large, McMurphy is the thesis, main character of the hero answers, novel. He manipulated the court system to get himself committed into the mental ward (to get out of thesis, a work sentence). His entrance into the ward sets off a whole chain of events, as he and the The Characters of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest in Film and Novel One Flew Over the proposal approval form, Cuckoo’s Nest was a critically acclaimed novel written by Ken Kesey and descriptive thesis, later on a movie adaptation, directed by Milos Forman, which was similarly critically acclaimed earning itself an answers, extremely high 96% on rotten tomatoes. However said appraisal of both works, does not excuse the gleaming errors and artistic licensing seen throughout the descriptive, entirety of the film.

Granted there were no major plot holes and alterations For example, Chiefs beginning to play basketball is biographical essay rubric a major accomplishment on the part of McMurphy. His constant encouragement finally drove Chief to play. Descriptive Thesis! Another example is the group discussions. Peace And Harmony In The World Essay! McMurphy tried to incorporate everyone into these discussions simultaneously. This can be seen when he rallied everyone’s support to try to convince Nurse Ratchett to let them watch the World Series on television. Thesis! The two psychological interventions that were administered to McMurphy while in challenge and change, the Ratchet interrogated the patients and made them feel uncomfortable. The hospital also had electric shock therapy and lobotomy as other treatment methods. Also, the thesis, hospital gave the patients medicine, this is and harmony in the world a biological approach, even though it was given to these people unwillingly.

Mrs. Ratchet also allowed McMurphy to descriptive, receive a vote in order to watch the ball game and she bended the rules or was too strict in cahsee biographical, order to win her position. This is a behavioral approach because McMurphy watched the so long, he admits that he has ill feelings towards Parris and the way that Parris gives sermons. Proctor does not like authority, and descriptive thesis, since Parris talks as though he is an authority figure, Proctor has an issue with this. Challenge In Society Essay! Proctor is very critical over representatives of authority. Descriptive! Proctor changes from a timid character held in bondage by his sin, to a strong, righteous man who will die for the truth.

This drastic change in his character is the basis of paper on memory, his significance to thesis, the outcome of the play She believes him to be an ordinary man and that he will eventually settle down. Essay! Nonetheless, McMurphy continues to do all he can to annoy her. Throughtout the story, the two battle against descriptive each other, seeing who will give in to who first. Hero Answers! Everything is rather harmless until and inmates party rolls around. Thesis! McMurphy smuggles in prostitutes to help out the peace, inmate, Billy. When the nurse found out what had been going on she was furious. Billy ended up slitting his throat and bleeding to death. McMurphy

Characters like Billy Bibbit, who is too timid, with a speech impediment and Harding who is a closet homosexual and was less avert in thesis, sexuality were seen as having mental problems, and were committed to the asylum. McMurphy demonstrated the treating of these patients like normal people, helped them to become more in line with society then Nurse Ratched’s rules and group therapy meetings, or pecking party as Chief Bromden would call it. Chief Bromden was a Native American and wasn’t insane until he

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Directions For Creating A Descriptive Essay Thesis Statement

The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman. Cat and descriptive thesis, Mouse by Dr Jennifer Minter (English Works Notes, 2016) In a German newspaper article written in 1930s the on memory, author states, “away with Jewish brutalization of the people! Down with Mickey Mouse! Wear the Swastika Cross”. It seems as if the Germans were the aggrieved victims, taking revenge on the brutal mice. In his comic story, The Complete Maus, the Pulitzer Prize winning author, Art Spiegelman, utilises anthropomorphic imagery of the cat and mouse to depict his parent’s experiences in Nazi Germany. Using this unusual medium, the cartoonist graphically relates the Holocaust story based on a series of interviews with his father that took place between 1972 and 1982.

In these stories, he foregrounds Vladek’s experiences of thesis, horror, during which he survived 10 months in Auschwitz. Challenge? However, as a child of a survivor, Art’s story also humorously and poignantly interweaves his own trauma as well as the parents’ love story and the subsequent suicide of the beloved wife and mother, Anja. Descriptive? As these stories of the past and present clash and collide, so readers become aware of the pain of broken, disrupted relationships. Vladek died in 1982 of proposal form, “congestive heart”; in 1986 the first part of Maus was published to critical acclaim. The novel is thesis, presented in two parts: the first part, My Father Bleeds History , focuses primarily on Vladek and the stories of the proposal, Jews living through the Nazi occupation of descriptive thesis, Poland from 1939 to 1945.

Art’s interviews with Vladek focus on his stories of survival and courage. The second part, And Here my Troubles Began , continues the story of his parents’ incarceration in Auschwitz but also includes more of Art’s own personal story as he seeks to understand the delayed trauma of an essay rubric, Auschwitz-related son. One of his most pressing points is descriptive, that the essay answers, scars are generational: the psychological scars of the parents continue to haunt subsequent generations. The comic story is loosely conveyed in chronological order, but with narrative present-time intrusions that focus on the interview process itself and the act of remembering what is essentially a horror story. Centred around the father’s memories, Art also includes aspects of his own frustrating relationship with his father as he seeks to deal with his excessively neurotic and obsessive attitude to money, disease and death. Vladek’s recount, related in broken English and awkward grammar, gives an impression of spontaneity and authenticity. “I’m telling not rumors, but only what really I saw” says Vladek, who as a tinman, helped to disassemble the gas chambers in Auschwitz because the Germans did not want to leave a “sign of all what they did”. “For this I was an eyewitness” (229). Sadly, though the destruction of thesis, Anja’s diaries ruin other first-hand stories that would have complemented and validated Vladek’s.

Whilst the first-hand stories loom large, the cartoonist is also aware of the “rebuilding” process and the fact that he is recreating the father’s memories at the same time. (258) At times, Art despairs of the enormity of this task; he realises that reality is and harmony world, too complex for descriptive thesis comics and agonises over the fact that “so much has to be left out or distorted” (176). In Auschwitz, the outline of the captions become sharp and serrated as Art struggles with his frustration at biographical trying to descriptive draw the father’s experiences as a tinsmith. (207) This is then, always the and harmony in the, case when “rebuilding” and “reconstructing” remembered stories. Furthermore, Spiegelman also includes historical facts that complement the descriptive thesis, documentary-style black and white graphics to authenticate his father’s memories. The incorporation of these facts and the sparse and direct drawing style reflects the cartoonist’s obsession with the macabre style documentary footage that so obsessed him during his research. Hero? For example, the cartoonist, notes factually, from May 16 to May 24 in thesis, 1944, over 100,000 Hungarian Jews were gassed in Auschwitz. Likewise, the map of Poland (p. 62) highlights the peace and harmony world essay, three divisions. Jews are systematically rounded up and sent to the “Protectorate” in thesis, Poland which has been simply identified on the map. Rubric? Vladek and Anja live in Sosnowiec — in the ‘REICH” which was “annexed to Germany” (62). The story of life as a Jew in Poland during the Nazi occupation is the descriptive thesis, obvious focus of the interviews.

However, Art broadens the story to include a snapshot of his father’s post-traumatic stress that suffocates him as he tries to deal with the enormity of his loss. A touch of hero answers, black humour conveys this depiction, which is both poignant and mocking. Art ridicules the father’s neurotic obsession with pills and death; it also seems impossible for Vladek to have a fulfilling relationship with Mala because of the grief over his wife and descriptive, the traumas that still beset him. Vladek imagines that Mala is stealing his money; he imagines her screams upon his deathbed: “I want the money. Approval Form? The money. The money”. (129). The Holocaust narrative. Despite his anxiety at trying to convey the descriptive thesis, complexity of the Nazi occupation, Spiegelman achieves an amazingly simple portrayal of the power and brutality of the Gestapo and the impotence and emasculation of the Jews. The visual images whereby Spiegelman anthropomorphizes the on memory, main protagonists endow the narrative with a sense of childlike simplicity and directness.

However, the descriptive, animalistic imagery also gives an impression of the wild jungle. (In Dachau they are like “wild animal they would fight until there was blood.”) The cat-like Gestapo with their gruesome expressions, often with hats and overcoats and usually with batons or guns, dominate many of the images as an omnipotent, evil force that robs the Jews of humanity. For example, in Solniewic, when the Jews are marched to work “every day” for “about an dissertation proposal approval, hour and a half” the descriptive, cats, in black uniform, are quick to beat them. Typically, the mice-like compliant and petrified Jews are completely dehumanized. The cats have vicious dogs which they use to sniff out the Jews (113) Vladek’s direct narrative relates how the family skillfully foils both the cahsee rubric, dogs and the guards. “Even when they came with dogs to smell us out – and they knew that Jews are laying here – but still they couldn’t find.” (113) 210 In the Camp, the Gestapo – “finished” one guy off because he did not stand straight in the Appel. “I heard he pushed him down and jumped hard on his neck”. Descriptive? Graphically, the powerful Gestapo stomps on a body. “He never anymore complained”. Statement Abuse? Only rarely did a guard have a heart and the one who did in Auschwitz was soon moved. Retaliation was difficult; if you killed one German they killed “fast a hundred from you” (233/239) Contrastingly, the Jews are portrayed as the descriptive, faceless victims of the German pogrom; they are stigmatized and portrayed as vermin. One Jew carries a sign “I am a filthy Jew”. Emblazoned in hero yahoo answers, the background, the swastika appears in a circular shape in four frames to highlight its overwhelming power and descriptive thesis, its allegedly honourable aim — to rid the towns of Jews, “This town is Jew Free”.

Once the rabbi departs, Vladek states, “I never heard again from him. Challenge And Change In Society Essay? It came such a misery in thesis, Warsaw, almost none survived.” The Jews are often grouped together en masse to show their vulnerability and essay yahoo answers, anonymity. To the descriptive thesis, Gestapo, their background, profession, age and gender are irrelevant. As Spiegelman would suggest, it is easier to and change essay bash to death contaminated vermin. Descriptive? It is harder, when such people have individual human dimensions. During one such evacuation, Jews are rolling on the ground like the challenge, “neighbour’s dog” (242).

Children were treated just as, if not more, brutally. During one massacre, four young girls got hanged a “long, long time’. Jews are typically depicted as faceless animals, as vermin. The dangling legs of one such victim suggest that anybody could be tortured and descriptive, killed. Killing is an impersonal business. Abuse? (p. 85). However, specific captions draw attention to personal characteristics to remind viewers that individuals, families and communities are being systematically destroyed. Many of the Jews hanging from the stake sport their respectable professional business attire. One is Mr Cohn who “had a goods store.” As such, Art critiques the descriptive, German’s shameful tendency to stereotype or objectively categorise the Jews in order to exterminate them.

At times, the child, graphics and thesis, numerous motifs are childlike in paper on memory, their simplicity as Spiegelman seeks to convey the complexity of the horror. Trains symbolise loss and displacement on a grand scale. They were used by the SS in their systematic attempt to rid the state of Jews and to ship them to thesis various destinations. In one image, the thesis child abuse, train is thesis, depicted as a long unending block of black colour transporting Vladek to Lublin where Jews could be summarily killed “in the essay, streets!” (62) (Vladek cannot believe, when he is thesis, finally exchanged on the Swiss border, that there is a “train, not for cows and yahoo, horses, but a real train to take passengers — a train for people!” (257) One of the most poignant moments in Vladek’s recount is the separation from the descriptive thesis, parents of the young children, Lonia and Richieu. Thesis Child Abuse? The parents feared that they would be killed if kept in Srodula and safer if sent to Zawiercie with Uncle Persis. The barbed wire (110) separates the young kids from the parents as a reminder of the inhumanity of the regime. Descriptive? (“It was the and change, last time ever we saw them; but that we couldn’t know”.) At that time the descriptive, SS guards sent 1,000 people to Auschwitz; to stop the kids from screaming, the guards “swinged them by the legs against a wall…” and “they never anymore screamed”. (110) Sadly, Tosha poisoned herself and the kids because she refused, stoically, not to be sent to the gas chambers. The father is essay yahoo answers, depicted as a kind, compassionate and innovative creator — a portrayal which at times contrasts with the older Vladek who appears domineering and unhelpful. During his war-time experiences in Poland, if Vladek doesn’t have a skill he invents it to survive; he becomes a tinman, carpenter and shoemaker in Auschwitz. He was always friendly and charming; he always found someone at descriptive thesis the last resort who would help him, share food with him, or shelter him. In Dachau, the French prisoner shares food received from the Red Cross with Vladek — “it saved my life” (253) Both he and thesis statement abuse, Anja used their language skills to descriptive advantage; Anja taught Mol ‘s son German; Vladek was often teaching the and harmony in the world, Kapo or guards English.

He was always confident, and, resourcefully exploited situations to his advantage. During his sessions with the descriptive, psychologist, Art agonises over the fact that it was not necessarily the best people who survived, but that good ones did survive, often despite themselves. (205) Vladek is an excellent example of the thesis statement, resilient and resourceful survivor, whose luck runs mostly in his direction. He saves everything, because food scraps are so precious. Thesis? He uses their precious gems as barter, but those who buy and sell on the black market are routinely hanged. It is again a question of luck. As Vladek’s story shows, much depends upon making the statement, right decision at the right time. Thesis? For example, when he and Anja hide in Mrs Kawka’s farm (Szopienice) 20 kms from proposal, Sosnowiec he must catch the tram back into the city, to the Dekerta courtyard. Vladek states that he alights in the front car with the thesis, Germans and Officials where they paid no attention. Dissertation Proposal Approval? “In the polish car they could smell if a Polish Jew came in” (142). The comic image shows the differences in thesis, the two compartments of the streetcar with German officials parading in the second. Challenge In Society? (At Mrs Motonowa’s, after her husband’s return, they stay in the cellar with big rats and live on candy for three days, p. 150 .) At least the rats won’t kill you; they learn to be “happy even to have these conditions”. The children were often the biggest dangers, yelling at Jews whenever they saw someone suspicious.

They were indoctrinated: “be careful. A Jew will catch you in a bag and descriptive thesis, eat you.” (151) During the evacuation, Vladek was lucky to be one of only 25 of 200 Jews who got out of the train alive (245).) (However, Vladek makes an extremely costly error that leads to the end of the road – Auschwitz. Anya suspected the smugglers but for once Vladek let down his guard. His nephew Abraham’s letter reassured them that they would get to Hungary, but later in Auschwitz he revealed that he wrote the letter under threat of death. Ironically, Vladek’s brother Miloch was living in much worse conditions: almost in a garbage bunker, but survived the dissertation proposal approval form, war when he moved to Mrs Motonowa’s cellar after Vladek and Anja left. (155)) Vladek’s clear and descriptive, simple narrative constantly punctuates the stark horror of the graphic images reminding readers of the sheer terror and heartache of the biographical essay rubric, victims as they are hurled onwards towards Hitler’s final solution. Arriving at Auschwitz and confronted by thesis, the slogan “Arbeit Macht Frei”, Vladek is challenge, aware that their chances of survival are minimal despite their valiant attempts to resist: “And we knew that from thesis, here we will not come out anymore”. Such simple statements ring true given the brutal depiction of the challenge in society, SS-cats wielding batons, the leaping dogs and the locked train carriages which tower over the helpless Jew holding up his arms in a surrender.

Another caption states, “we knew everything, and descriptive, here we were” to and harmony in the world essay reinforce again the inevitable march towards oblivion; it is a picture of evil. (159) The double width frame of the thesis, screaming Jews tell of their unspeakable pain at being burned alive. “And the fat from the burning bodies they scooped and poured again so everyone could burn better.” (232). The beginning of Vladek’s story also presents the parallel love story between the parents as Anja replaces Lucia as preferred fiance. Vladek sustained his wife, especially after the death of family members. She was devastated to cahsee have lost most of her family and “now they’ll take Lolek”. She lies completely dejected on thesis the bed; Vladek’s face is omitted from the research paper, top of the graphic to show her inconsolable state (124) He urges her, “to die, it’s easy” but you have to struggle for life! .. We must struggle together. Descriptive? I need you.” He promises and convinces her, “And you’ll see that together we’ll survive.” (124).

During this sequence of statements, Vladek’s face becomes increasingly larger until he dominates the clip and suggests hope and courage (124). Research? The high-angled long shot of Vladek and Anja walking hand in hand along a road configured as a swastika (127) shows their solidarity against an invincible enemy. The confusion, the hopelessness, (“Anja and I didn’t have where to go”) and the constant danger that beset them both provide the dramatic tension in the narrative. The love story becomes particularly poignant when Anja and Vladek are separated in Auschwitz and Birkenau. Manci intervenes only because she is touched by their love. Thesis? Anja was in Birkenau with 800 people in a building made for 50 horses, just a “death place” (211) the news makes them all sob. Mancie helped pass messages between Anja and Vladek and he sends food. “You always arrange miracles” 217. He received a beating such as the likes that would have killed Anja, just for talking to a prisoner/his wife. (217) The Jews are often examined; lined up as skeletons – naked and dissertation proposal, bony and descriptive thesis, separated. Research Paper? (218) The gas chambers are often referred to euphemistically as “the other side” (218). The big ugly face of the Guard seeks to intimidate them all during the “Appel”; the friends do not betray her. “You can IMAGINE what she went through”. Descriptive? During a typical “Selektion” (the use of essay, German terms throughout Maus suggests that there is descriptive, no translation for their unique agenda of genocide) the dangerously thin Vladek escapes to the toilet to dissertation proposal form avoid examination. (227) (Manci protected Anja who ended up in Ravensbruck and back in Sosnowiec before Vladek, crying each day as she waits and checks with the Jewish Organisation.) Art depicts their reunion as a happily resolved love story. “Everybody around was crying together with us”. “We were both very happy and lived happy, happy ever after”.

And he finally addresses Art as Richieu, dreaming of his lost son. (296), suggesting the descriptive thesis, beginning of the rubric, trauma. The character of Vladek in Germany contrasts with his post-war story in America. In Germany, Vladek has always an ‘amazingly present minded and resourceful’ person, both during the descriptive thesis, war and the present day in cahsee biographical, which the comic was set. However, he becomes stingy to the painful shame of both Art and Mala. For example, Vladek always saved cigarettes and tried to return the groceries and even “partially eaten food” to ‘Shop-rite’ (249).

Such as when he boasts that he received six dollars worth of new groceries for only one dollar, His character often seems to change little; it is rather the environment and the society’s standards that change. One of Vladek’s most enduring memories is that he survived because “I saved” and descriptive, this somehow troubles Art as he recognizes the caricature of the challenge in society, stingy Jew, which he also, conveniently, sets up for thesis ridicule. Mala believes that it causes him “physical pain to cahsee biographical essay part with money”. As a writer, Art is also acutely aware that his father “is like the racist caricature of the miserly old Jew”. (Accordingly, Art exploits but ridicules the father’s miserly habits in an attempt to personalise the stereotype.) However, Mala notes that it’s not necessarily the camp that has made him miserly as many of the Jews who had similar experiences did not end up so profligate. (Art despairs of his father’s efforts to fix the drainpipe; he climbs on the roof and nearly has an accident (p.98).) The blending of the past into the present is often reinforced by a palimpsest technique. The four girls who were hanged were also good friends of Anja. Thesis? Art’s car in the foreground seamlessly passes the hanging bodies. (239) Likewise the grid of fifteen boxes peels away to reveal an aerial shot of Auschwitz dominated by the black smoke. (211) The palimpsest is essay, symbolic of a variety of forms of separation, although the past seeps into the present. The narrative of the thesis, nine remaining frames focuses on the parents’ separation as Vladek outlines the plain, historical facts of the two camps, Auschwitz and Birkenau (211). However, the black band between Art and Vladek in the panels also reinforces the separation between father and son; their roles as interviewer and interviewee become symbols of the gulf forged by their different experiences. Ironically, both are now separated from mother and wife through her suicide, the shadow of which becomes the most traumatic reminder of the bleeding of the past. Self as protagonist.

Art’s parallel story shifts the emphasis to the aftermath, the research paper on memory, consequences and the effects on the people, e specially as Art would be aware of the fact that there are already numerous texts dealing with the descriptive, horror. The incorporation of self as protagonist in the comic enables him to elaborate on dissertation approval the Jewish population’s ‘ceaseless’ battle. More importantly however, Art’s inclusion in the comic gives him the descriptive, opportunity to express his own personal guilt as to whether or not he should be prospering from statement, his ‘presumptuous’ comic and his anxiety about the enormity of the task. “I can’t even make any sense out of my relationship with my father. How am I supposed to make any sense out of Auschwitz”. (174) Art explores the consequences of growing up with such a miserly father, who has been irrevocably influenced and psychologically warped by the experience of horror. By inserting his own feelings and experiences into the story, there is always a direct or implied comparison. By presenting the descriptive thesis, parallel experiences of father and cahsee biographical essay rubric, son, Art suggests that as a son, removed from the holocaust experiences, his experiences will always pale into insignificance.

In other words, anything he achieves is thesis, dwarfed in peace and harmony in the world, comparison by the father’s achievements of survival Auschwitz. “No matter what I accomplish, it doesn’t seem like much compared to surviving Auschwitz”. (204) As a result it is just as much a personal journey of thesis, discovery and growing up as it is a story about in the world essay horror and instruction. Immediately in the prologue, Art foregrounds his relationship with his father to focus on the difficulties of descriptive thesis, growing up in families dominated by cahsee biographical rubric, holocaust victims and the transference of emotional and psychological scars. We are constantly reminded throughout the comic that “my father’s ghost still hangs over me,” and later, that the father “took his guilt out on you”. As an thesis, eight-year old, Art is peace in the, deserted and humiliated by friends whilst rollerskating in the street. Descriptive? The father offers advice to Art that is peace and harmony world, based on his traumatic experiences during the holocaust. In the caption, spanning the double-width frame, Vladek states, “if you lock them together in a room with no food for a week … then you could see what it is friends!” The father seems unable to comfort Art because of their different and thesis, unbridgeable experiences of “friendship” and horror. Challenge Essay? (Later, readers become aware of the parents’ attempt to survive three days on a small amount of candy, or their attempt to ward off hunger by nibbling wood shavings — a testimony to the parents’ strength and descriptive thesis, friendship.) In a close-up shot, Art exaggerates the research, father’s saw and his work to descriptive depict a fractured relationship owing to the father’s evasion through distracting physical work. (Perhaps showing his obsession to constantly “fix” things.) Another close-up shot reminiscent of a fireplace-crematorium becomes just a small element in the long-shot picture of historical prison-like conditions that dwarf the biographical essay rubric, prisoners. Art and his father are reduced to an insignificant margin in descriptive, the background suggesting that their relationship is dwarfed by rubric, the father’s traumatic holocaust experiences. However, the father advises Art to thesis develop resilience by placing his own experiences into perspective. That Art’s childhood experiences are insignificant compared with his father’s becomes the subject of his discussion with Pavel, the psychologist, thus showing that Art does indeed ruminate frequently over this sense of disadvantage.) Art’s relationship with his father. Art’s conflicting emotions fuelled by overwhelming guilt are evident in the varied motifs and the combination of imagery and captions.

The crux of the dissertation form, psychologist’s diagnosis, “he took his guilt out on you”, alludes to a real and thesis, impenetrable psychological barrier between father and essay, son that prevents a secure and trustworthy relationship. Art visits a psychologist (wearing a mask) to help him deal with his personal trauma; this suggests that he too has suffered the consequences of his parents’ horror; he has born the brunt of his mother’s depression who is clearly unable to deal with the hidden ghosts and killed herself in May 1968. Art embeds the comic strip that was done for “an obscure underground comic book” which Vladek inadvertently found. The very dark tonal shades of the graphics in “Prisoner of the Hell Planet” reveals Art’s sense of thesis, suffocation as he struggles to deal with his father’s overbearing personality and his mother’s depression and essay yahoo, eventual suicide in May 1968. As Art comments, his father’s guilt strangles and challenges him — the psychologist says he “took his guilt out on YOU, where it was safe … on the REAL survivor” (204). Entitled “Prisoner on the Hell Planet; a case history”, the short comic reveals a significantly different artistic style. Starting with a simple, poignant photo of descriptive thesis, mother and son as if from a family snapshot album, the comic strips are incredibly dark as Art delves into his subconscious grief.

The captions are almost typewritten in perfect script. Peace World Essay? A string of thesis, half faces with a tear is interrupted by the grim reaper type figure: “She’s dead. A suicide. I felt angry, I felt numb. I didn’t exactly feel like crying, but figured I should.” The striped pyjamas again signal the abuse, concentration camps and the son’s guilt looms large. In the panel of Art’s last conversation with Anja, after trying to reassure her that he still loved her, “[he] turned away, resentful of the way she tightened the umbilical cord.” (105). This caption, juxtaposed with the imagery of Art, himself wearing an Auschwitz inmate’s uniform and advising Anja that she has “committed the perfect crime,” reinforces his psychological vulnerability. She “shorted all my circuits … cut my nerve endings .. and crossed my wires”. Furthermore, the motif of Richieu’s photographs display a constant reminder that Art can never assuage the horrors of his parents, nor can he replace their “ideal” son, Richieu.” The parents were in descriptive, such shock about his death that they followed the research paper on memory, vaguest of descriptive, rumours searching orphanages throughout Europe (175). “it was an idea kid and I was a pain in the ass. I couldn’t compete” (175). The photo was a kind of “reproach” (“spooky having sibling rivalry with a photograph”.

Not only can he not compete with a sibling who does not have tantrums, but he rationalises his guilt (“I never felt guilty about Richieu”) (176); instead he has nightmares about gas coming out of the showers and dissertation proposal approval form, wishes he could have been in Auschwitz so he would have experienced the descriptive thesis, horror. “I guess it’s some kind of guilt about having had an easier life than they did.” (176) Evidently, guilt swirls everywhere in the graphic novel claiming more victims after Auschwitz. Art as a writer/comic artist. The artist reflects Vladek’s command, “so now you can know what happened and God forbid we must never let this should never happen again.” Art’s sense of indignity looms large as he retells the and harmony in the world essay, stories of the ‘victims who can never tell their side of the descriptive thesis, story’. “It’s an important book. Essay Answers? People who don’t usually read such stories will be interested”. The father professes that even he is interested in comics, although he does not read them and descriptive, predicts the son will be as famous as “Walt Disney” (135). However, as writer and artist, Art is necessarily caught in form, an ambiguous situation, whereby to tell the stories of the victims he also feels he is exploiting their story and their horror. He does not want to thesis benefit, but if he is to successfully capture their story then it will lead to success for statement the artist. Guilt swirls in the comic strip. He mocks the fact that it should have a message, and that everyone should feel “forever” guilty. Descriptive? “My father’s ghost still hangs over approval form me.” He tried to descriptive be “fair” whilst he also shows “how angry I was”. (204) Maybe the father felt guilty about surviving and he “took his guilt out on you”; maybe Art is guilty because nothing can be compared with Auschwitz; he feels guilty proving his father wrong about his success. He also agonises over how to visualize such horror. “My father worked in essay yahoo answers, a tin shop near the camp.

I have no idea what kind of tools and stuff to draw. There’s no documentation”. (206) Art feels that he is wrongfully prospering from his presumptuous ‘critical and commercial success’ which was made achievable by ‘over 100,000 Hungarian Jew who were gassed in Auschwitz’. Art realises that he ‘can’t begin to imagine what it felt like’ in the hellish prisons and warzones, how it would feel to lose the love of your life, and also how it would feel like to survive the war; yet he still publishes this comic which shows his second-hand understanding of the war. Art’s shrinking figure, smothered by the media pack, symbolizes his sense of entrapment, but he rationalizes that he did not exploit every possible business proposition.

However, he does feel ‘completely messed up’ at the thought of ‘walking on top of dead bodies’ to complete his comic. He was given lucrative deals, offered 50 per cent of the thesis, profits, but he just “wants my Mommy”. Biographical? (202) The artistic son. Guilt manifests in descriptive thesis, the depiction of the disrespectful and selfish son. Dissertation Approval? There are numerous occasions in the comic where Art harshly characterizes his insolent attitude towards his father.

For example, Art ‘promised’ Vladek that he would not write about ‘such private things’ between Vladek and thesis, Lucia; and Art also impatiently interrupts Vladek’s process of organizing his important medicine just so Vladek would tell him about Anja. Furthermore, Art consistently smokes inconsiderately in the presence of his frail and ageing father. It is not until after Vladek passed away that Art begins to reminisce and regret his negligence. Proposal Form? Art will always feel as though his ‘father hangs over’ him. However, in the end a guilt-ridden Art also feels that he may have contributed to the deterioration of his father’s death and wonders whether he was a worthy son and whether he deserves the success, which is heaped upon the Pulitzer Prize winning author. Samuel Beckett once said, “every word is thesis, like an yahoo, unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.”

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
How To Get A Sample Of A Descriptive Essay Thesis Statement

Accounting Resume and Cover Letter Center. Create a Job Alert-Have jobs e-mailed directly to you. Descriptive? Resume Distribution-Post your resume to over 85 job boards automatically. Salary Reviews-Take an inside look at peer salary and hero yahoo, company reviews. CPE Webcasts-Earn CPE credits through the ease of Webcasts. Thesis? Education Center-All the education resources you need to stay competitive. Chief Financial Officer | Sample Resume. Are you applying for a Chief Financial Officer position? Do you need to update or tailor your resume for a Chief Financial Officer job? Review our Chief Financial Officer sample resume below to thesis child abuse, see how to make the most of your credentials. Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume.

A resourceful financial professional with 30 years experience in financial management, telecommunications, software/multimedia, real estate development and construction, health care and public accounting for a variety of thesis, public and closely held companies. Technically proficient: Finance (public and private sources of debt and equity); GAAP, S.E.C. and challenge, regulatory accounting; GAAP, S.E.C., regulatory, internal and board reporting; taxes; treasury management; cash management; mergers and acquisitions; asset/liability management; management information systems; human resources; investor relations; facilities; administration. Broad industry knowledge: financial services; commercial banking; internet; direct marketing; software/multimedia; telecommunications; health care; real estate and construction; distribution. Strategic perspective: business strategy development and implementation, tax and acquisition planning; company restructuring or reengineering; creating a new focus; business plans; identifying new businesses or product lines. Leadership: team building; vision; focus on bottom line and long term goals; motivation; PL responsibility.

Established the Financial Services Division to provide alternative financing vehicles for purchases by members. Founded and managed CUShopper Mortgage Services LLC in partnership with a nationwide mortgage banking company. Created an e-Wallet, an online revolving line of credit and implement automated loan underwriting/ approval. Descriptive? Put together alliances with companies to provide alternative, sub-prime financing sources to fund sales. Responsible for finance, accounting, taxes, investor relations, human resources, strategic planning, administration for a start up eTailer specializing in financing consumer product purchases with low cost credit union financing. Dissertation Proposal Form? Acted as interim CEO/COO/CFO until CEO was hired. Arranged for interim debt financing.

Created a strategy to improve earnings by diversifying funding sources which resulted in creation of the Financial Services Division. Responsible for finance, accounting, reporting, lending, customer relations, direct marketing and compliance for a $34 billion financial services company owned by and lending to credit unions, banks, savings and loans and descriptive thesis, insurance companies to stimulate investment in residential real estate. Created new financial products and repriced exisiting products to increase online transaction volume from hero essay yahoo, several million dollars daily to several billion dollars daily. Created and implemented a new, aggressive marketing plan. Helped the bank grow profitably in thesis, assets by over $7 billion in one year. Responsible for overall operations, finance, marketing and coordinating services for a company providing interim and transitional senior corporate management services to a variety of business organizations, including start ups, turnarounds, acquiring companies, companies preparing to statement child, sell and companies preparing to go public. Thesis? Acted as initial CFO/COO/VP of cahsee biographical, Business Development for thesis a start up with a virtual office technology delivered over the Internet; one of the business development efforts led to a business affiliation agreement that allowed the company to raise it first outside round of funding. Restructured and performed transitional management as interim CFO for a public $160 million mail order specialty pharmaceutical firm that lost $34 million in research on memory, 9 months and whose founder and his CFO committed fraud.. Resolved issues with the SEC, restructured operations, implemented new cash management systems, controls and processes, implemented new reimbursement systems, controls and processes and descriptive, helped find a buyer. Successfully brought a construction materials and mining company out of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy while retaining $4 million in biographical, personal assets for the sole proprietor owner and arranging for $15 million in debt.

Helped restructure and turn around an HMO losing over $1.5 million per month and raise $18 million in new capital by structuring a tri-party private placement. Created an descriptive thesis entirely new plan focused on essay answers, being an integrated health care delivery system. Thesis? Revitalized two commercial banks under memoranda of understanding with Federal regulators. Created and implemented new capital plans, asset/liability management policies and procedures and streamlined operations. Prepared a business/capitalization plan and obtained equity ($4 million), equipment ($2 million) financing and operating financing ($2 million) for an international telecommunications company with operations in child abuse, California, New York, the U.K., Germany, Finland and Sweden, negotiating with investors and banks Developed an entirely new focus for a software developer/consulting company, creating a new strategy and business plan and helping to raise capital. Responsible for finance, accounting, investor relations, investments, asset/liability management, MIS, mergers and acquisitions, human resources, strategic planning and subsidiary finance and operations for a public multi-bank holding company. Designed and implemented new analytical and management reporting systems. Restructured operations to improve earnings. Ran finance and operations in subsidiary banks through CEOs and CFOs of those banks. Provide those banks accounting, finance, MIS, HR, strategic planning and descriptive, operations support. San on the loan committee and thesis abuse, was involved in Real Estate joint ventures. (Acquired by Citi National Bank) Responsible for finance, accounting, investor relations, investments, asset/liability management, MIS, mergers and acquisitions, human resources, strategic planning and subsidiary finance and operations for a commercial bank.

Took the company public. Created and implemented an thesis investor relations program that helped increase the bank’s stock value. Designed and implemented new investment and asset/liability management systems, policies and procedures that helped improve earnings without incurring additional interest rate risk. Cahsee Biographical Rubric? Structured acquisitions. Converted to new enterprise systems to improve operational efficiencies. (Acquired by Wells Fargo) Responsible for accounting, finance, treasury, management information systems, asset/liability management, operations, human resources, product development and marketing, investor relations, risk management, facilities, mergers and acquisitions, taxes and strategic planning for a public saving and loan. Helped create and implement a plan to grow the institution from $600 million to $1 billion in assets. Thesis? Created an investor relations program that increased the market to book value from 50% to child, 150%. Oversaw the descriptive, transition when the company was purchased. As CFO and member of the research paper on memory, board of thesis, directors of its builder/developer subsidiary, devised and implemented a plan to sell of development projects that sped up and challenge and change, improved earnings while reducing risk.

Managed mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. (Acquired by San Francisco Federal) Responsible for managing overall client relationships, including accounting, audit, consulting, tax, IPO’s and other offerings as well as billing and thesis, collections. Research Paper On Memory? Developed a practice providing interim CFO-type and other consulting services to descriptive, companies in essay yahoo, various industries. Specialized in financial services, business services, real estate, transportation, IT and distribution companies. Provided services to thesis, real estate developers, builders, owner/investors, helping to structure financing and investment syndications Helped start and take public three financial institutions. Master of Business Administration, 1974 Bachelor of Science, 1973. Dissertation Proposal Form? Taught courses in real estate, banking, savings and loans, time management, statistical sampling and the CL audit approach. Co-authored “The Uniform Audit Approach” and the “Internal Control Questionnaire for Commercial Banks”.

Reviewed and helped edit courses on “Auditing of descriptive, Commercial Banks” and “Auditing of Insurance Companies. Developed the reporting requirements for banks in liquidation for paper the FDIC.

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
How to write a thesis statement for a descriptive essay - Quora

essay structure ks2 How to write your best essay ever! English biz has separate guides for each of the types of writing you'll meet on descriptive thesis, your course but this particular guide is probably the most important of them all. It will show you how to construct an effective, well-structured argument-based essay. How do you feel when you're given an essay to write? Do you fill with f-f-fear? W-w-wobble with worry? P-p-pour with perspiration? Well, here's a way that make the whole process more satisfying and enjoyable!

Okay, he's off his rocker (but we won't worry as he's not real!). He's yet to discover that writing an essay is never going to be an hero essay yahoo easy task, even for the best writers. But you're about to find out how it can be made much more straightforward , interesting and effective . Oh, and likely to gain you a significantly higher grade, too! So that's something to thesis feel, well. just a little bit excited about! It's important to understand one thing before we start: unlike a maths or science question, an English essay question has no single 'correct' answer. You can breathe easy on that one. It's just not like that. In an English essay there is challenge and change in society no one 'answer' and nothing to 'prove'.

That isn't to say there aren't wrong answers - there are. These are those based on 'mis-readings' of your texts. But what your teacher or examiner wants is a reasonable, informed, explained and descriptive thesis, well-supported view . In a nutshell, that's it. An essay requires this from you: a succinct opening in which you give an overview of challenge and change essay your response to the essay question. This is descriptive thesis a kind of 'super-condensed' response that sums up your whole response in a line or two. you can add to thesis the opening sentences, a very brief explanation of descriptive thesis wh at aspects of the text brought you to this view . If you can give, say, four - six aspects, then you are setting out the coming structure of your essay . Challenge And Change? There is no better way to begin an essay than like this. Thesis? From this point on you will never be left scratching your head wondering what to write next. the remainder of the essay is merely a series of rubric PEE paragraphs that, point by point, argue the case for what you have just stated.

Each point (P) needs its own paragraph and to have support (E) from the text (either a quotation, or an descriptive thesis explanation of some aspect of form or structure ) along with with an explanation (E) of how the text brought you to such a view, the effects it created, the challenge methods the author used to create the effects and, finally, its relevance to the text, that is, the author's purposes . That's it. Done and dusted! More detail below if needed. The secret of a good essay? Make it an argument ! An effective essay is a piece of writing that makes a strong and descriptive thesis, well-supported case for a stated viewpoint . Biographical Rubric? The view it makes the case for is your response to the essay title or question . Descriptive Thesis? You'll have arrived at after a couple of readings of the text, more if a poem, and one of which will be a so-called 'close-reading' when you annotate the text carefully in line with whatever the essay question asks, seeking out support as quotations or explanations of yahoo answers useful effects created by form and structure . So your essay starts with a clear statement of your opinion . It could be something like, as an example: 'Shakespeare's theme of violence in Romeo and Juliet is shown especially effectively through the opening scene, as well as through the descriptive characters of Mercutio and Tybalt and an analysis of hero essay yahoo these three dramatic aspects will form the basis of this essay.'

The opening overview is sometimes called a thesis statement . The 'thesis' is your response, i.e. the heart of your 'argument'. It's what the essay goes on to explain and support to show that it is a view that is well - considered, based on the text and reasonable to hold . Essays are about thesis, opinions, not facts. This point is essay yahoo crucial to take on thesis, board. There is and change in society never a straightforward right answer to an essay q uestion or title. There are wrong answers, of course - caused through, for example, misinterpreting the text; but the descriptive 'answer' to an essay question will always be a point of view . Essays deal in statement abuse, opinions, not facts . This is why your teacher is looking to read your views and why you have come to think in this particular way. How do you arrive at a 'thesis' or overview? This is the tough part - there's no getting away from that. Not least, this is because it puts to thesis the test your knowledge of the text and your understanding of the essay title or question . Peace And Harmony In The World? The good news is that when it's done and done well, the remainder of the essay becomes much more straightforward and far more interesting to thesis write, perhaps even a little exciting! The Outline Structure for thesis abuse an Effective Essay. As already stated above, this first paragraph needs to open with a clearly stated summary of your whole 'answer' along with an descriptive thesis equally brief summary of the aspects of the text you'll be analysing to show your stated view is sound . It is these early sentences that provide the major 'signposts' that give your essay and its general direction. Importantly, you need to and change in society essay set a confident tone early on in the essay.

This can be done by adding in a very few details to show you've grasped the text's big picture . This should be a brief comment (brevity is everything in the opening paragraph) on the major details of the story (poem or whatever) along with an equally brief statement of any relevant context , (that is the situation you feel brought the writer to want to write their text, including key aspects of their social , cultural and literary contexts ). This will, though, always need to be focused on the needs of the essay question . Notice how you are constantly seeking to avoid waffle and descriptive thesis, generalised 'bolted on' comments ; instead, you need to child abuse keep all you write tightly focused on the needs of the essay title or question. This is the bulk of the essay. It is a series of paragraphs each introduced with a new clear important and wholly relevant point . Sadly, it's all too easy to open a in descriptive, a way that inspires little confidence and which drifts from the biographical essay rubric essay question or argument. Descriptive Thesis? Avoid this by opening each and every paragraph in a way that is peace in the clearly and directly developing the essay's 'answer' or argument . If you started by descriptive thesis, stating the four-six aspects you'll be covering in your essay, then you'll have no difficulty knowing what to write in these body paragraphs. This is where you restate, in a different form, your opening argument and on memory, give a brief list of the major points you have made along with a comment about the wider implications and relevance of what you have found. It will help to think back to the imaginary classroom situation. What would follow on from the thesis highly condensed 'answer' you gave to your teacher?

Your teacher might say, 'Good, that's a fair view to hold - but why do you think that? Show me from the cahsee essay rubric text itself what made you think that way.' In the written essay, you'll need to descriptive be providing a whole lot more 'evidence' mainly in peace in the world essay, the form of quotations each one itself supported by a commentary derived from an analysis of the quotation's literary and linguistic content . However, with a central and guiding argument starting off and flowing through the entire essay, it now becomes much easier to search the text for thesis aspects and quotations that will provide good quality evidence to support the essay's points. Each point and supporting quotation needs to be followed by an analysis and comment . Some teachers call this the P.E.E. ( point example explanation ) or P.Q.C. ( point quotation comment ) system. This is cahsee biographical needed to explain how and descriptive, why the aspect of the text or the quotation 'works' within the context of the proposal form essay question and the originally stated argument. Certain key questions need to be answered concerning each quotation used:

What techniques have been used to make the language of the quotation effective? This means discussing the writer's methods , e.g. Thesis? through the creation of realistic dialogue; the biographical rubric use of an effective metaphor; through vivid description; onomatopoeia; alliteration; effective stage directions, etc. How does the thesis method used affect the thesis child reader's understanding of the descriptive text and peace and harmony, its themes (e.g. 'the effect of this passage is to descriptive create a sense of really being there for the reader. ')? Why was this method used (i.e. what was the writer's purpose )? E.g. Cahsee Biographical Essay Rubric? 'At this point on the story the descriptive thesis author wants to gain the reader's attention in order to begin exploring the overall theme of injustice. ' MARK GRABBING TIP No. Proposal Approval Form? 1!

Begin all of your paragraphs in such a way that it is absolutely clear you are focused on the essay question and its requirements, thus building up your overall argument. This will keep the essay on track and avoid the plague of poor essays: wandering, digression and descriptive thesis, waffle! What if your essay title isn't in the form of a question? When considered as a question, you will often find it is easier to generate that all-important single main point of view to it - the main idea upon which you will then base the remainder of your essay . Here is an example of a main idea succinctly stated (i.e. Biographical Rubric? thesis statement ) that could be used to create an argument essay from the descriptive above question: The remainder of this - or any other - essay must then be no more than a linked series of points with each point explained , developed and supported in a paragraph of peace and harmony in the its own . These points must all be directly related to the main idea you have already explained in the opening paragraph, which itself is your response to the essay title or question. Remember that each point - each paragraph - must set out to explain , develop and descriptive thesis, support some aspect of your over-riding main idea and nothing more . In this example, the paragraph that follows the opening paragraph - the first of what is called the body paragraphs of thesis statement abuse your essay - could be based on the point that the theme of ambition is shown through what Macbeth and Lady Macbeth are given by Shakespeare to say and do in Act One of the play.

The third paragraph of your essay - its second body paragraph - might then explore, develop and support how the theme of ambition is shown through these two characters in some part of Act 2, and so on. Below you'll find lots more detail and ideas for writing an effective essay but with luck, the above will have given you the basic idea. Aim to 'integrate' words or phrases from the text you are studying directly into thesis, your own sentences (still using quotation marks, of course). Don't overdo this effective technique, but used sparingly, this use of 'embedded' quotations can help create a very impressive style, one that suggests you have a good grasp of the text and the essay question. Here are some examples of how to use embedded quotations. The first is from the opening of John Steinbeck's novel, 'Of Mice and Men': 'Small and quick' George is presented by Steinbeck as a character in complete contrast to his friend, the lumbering and 'shapeless' Lennie. Here is paper a similarly embedded quotation from J B Priestley's 'An Inspector Calls': As the Inspector says, 'We don't live alone' and this is an important message Priestley gives his audience.

Finally, see how this can be done using John Agard's poem, 'Half-Caste': Perhaps Agard also wants his reader to 'come back tomorrow' with a different attitude towards those they might feel are in any way different from themselves. MORE TIPS AND MORE DETAIL! Essays take a great deal of effort and time and so deserve careful preparation. T he most common failing examiners find is a lack of understanding of the descriptive thesis text on which the essay is based. This is to take the road signpos ted 'Failure'. But you're heading elsewhere. So. get to and harmony essay know your text well. You won't succeed if you don't! I f you struggle with the text, read it through again with a study guide to hand. Also, talk the descriptive thesis text over with friends or your teacher.

There is more help with specific texts here . Many essay writers fail to create an initial main viewpoint or drift from this single focus. This loses marks as it leads to biographical essay waffle , vagueness and generalisation . As you've read above, another common pitfall is to focus too much on the surface features of the text you are writing about. Descriptive Thesis? This happens when you write at length about the research on memory meaning of the descriptive thesis text, i.e. by telling what happens in it. In effect, all you are doing when you do this is to challenge and change in society essay retell the story of the text. You need to descriptive be discussing how and why the author has created an effective text through careful, interesting and effective choices of style and language as well as structure . M ore marks are lost if you forget the need to support the points you make in each paragraph. A good idea is to try to use at least one quotation - or reference to the text - per cahsee biographical essay rubric paragraph. Remember, too, that this is an English essay and this means you need to reflect how authors use language and literary techniques in effective ways in their writing . Aim only to choose quotations that contain important elements in descriptive thesis, them that will allow you to discuss in depth aspects of, for example, their literary style , language or structure. Consider discussing, for example, how the quotation acts to build tension , mood , character , a sense of place or how it helps explore one of the text's themes . Discuss, too, how the quotation works both at the point it occurs and as a contribution to in the world the whole , i.e. the way it helps the writer achieve his or her purpose . This means you need to discuss aspects of the quotation such as its effectiveness - which means discussing aspects of language , structure and descriptive, style . 1. DEVELOP A STRONG INITIAL FOCUS FOR YOUR ESSAY.

The word 'essay' comes from a French word meaning 'attempt': your essay is your attempt to challenge in society essay argue for your point of view , a view that when succinctly expressed is thesis called a thesis statement . This 'thesis statement' needs to be an idea you developed based on an interpretation of hero yahoo answers whatever aspect of the text is asked in the essay question. Interpretation means considering how a text operates at descriptive, different levels ; it is your interpretation of the text that will be at the heart of the essay: an interpretation that must supports the overall thesis statement. 2. FIND SOLID SUPPORT FOR YOUR VIEWPOINT. You will need to search through the proposal text and note down a series of aspects and quotations that can be used to support the overall view you have developed. Use 'post-it notes' to thesis help with this or write the aspects/quotations down separately. Choose aspects or quotations that you can analyse successfully for the methods used , effects created and purpose intended . 3. Dissertation? WRITE AN EFFECTIVE OPENING PARAGRAPH. Use your introductory paragraph to state your point of view , i.e. your thesis statement. The purpose of thesis your opening paragraph is to make clear your thesis statement - response to the essay question: that is, to explain the focus of your argument - your main idea or point of view. Stated clearly at the opening to your essay, this shows how you intend to answer the essay question and what general direction your essay will take. Following your thesis statement, it's a good idea to add a little more detail that acts to 'preview' each of the thesis child abuse major points that you will cover in the body of the essay.

This opening paragraph will then act to show - succinctly - where you stand regarding the questions and how you intend to answer it. Importantly, in the opening paragraph of your essay you will also need to write an overview of the text, one that gives a succinct summary of the ' big picture ' of the text; importantly, too, of course, this must be focused on the requirements of the essay question. Giving a succinct account of the big picture of the text in the opening paragraph will show that you have engaged with and digested the detail of descriptive three key aspects of the essay: the essay question, the text and its author - perhaps also, a brief account of the author's context . Giving an overview suggests a confident approach and proposal, is a hallmark of the best essays. TIP: It is descriptive always impressive to incorporate into research on memory, your own sentences, using quotation marks of course, a short suitable quotation taken from the text. Some teachers call this using embedded quotations. Keep all references to the biographical background of the author and any aspects of his or her context entirely relevant to the essay question and - brief!

Remember that this is not a history or a sociology essay so very few marks are awarded for this kind of descriptive background information (although that does not mean it might not be useful). The majority of cahsee essay rubric marks in an English essay are awarded for the quality of analysis and descriptive thesis, interpretation you show - that is, an awareness of the author's uses of the English language and research on memory, literary uses of this. If your essay title does concern aspects of context try hard to discuss context by descriptive thesis, deriving your comments from quotations rather than by merely discussing aspects of context; in other words allow the text to introduce the context. TIP: avoid making simplistic and irrelevant value judgments of the text or its author. Saying that Shakespeare is 'a wonderful author' or that you think 'Of Mice and proposal form, Men' is 'really good' will gain no marks whatsoever - this is no more than a kind of thesis waffle that fills space with empty words that add nothing useful to your essay. 4. USE THE REMAINING PARAGRAPHS EFFECTIVELY. Follow the opening paragraph with a number of paragraphs that form the 'body' of the essay. Each of these paragraphs are there purely to on memory expand on and support your originally stated overall viewpoint. Having stated your main idea in descriptive, your opening paragraph, now you need explore this, develop it and provide support from the text for this. In the essay's body paragraphs your aim is to: follow the analysis system called P.E.E. or P.Q.C. For more on this see here ; work through the text's structure logically and, highlighting via the use of quotations, explain how these led you to develop your point of hero yahoo answers view; comment on thesis, how the language of each of these parts led you to hero yahoo form your interpretation: why did the author choose this particular type of language to make this point in this way?

How does it help a) the audience and descriptive, b) the research paper on memory writer's purpose or theme ? discuss how this individual part of the descriptive text forms a useful structural part of the text by peace in the essay, leading the reader towards an overall understanding of the themes, messages or purposes of the text; CRUCIALLY. each paragraph needs to develop a separate and individual point - one that will help to descriptive show how different parts and essay answers, aspects of the text helped you develop your interpretation and viewpoint (this is the thesis POINT part of P.E.E.); A useful tip is to open each paragraph with a topic sentence . This is a sentence that clearly makes a point that is developing your argument - your answer to the essay question - and, because it is, therefore, clearly focused on biographical rubric, the essay question, it will keep your writing on track; Always aim to provide support for each of the points you make by referring directly to the text (this is the EXAMPLE part of P.E.E.). You normally do this by quoting briefly from a relevant part of the descriptive thesis text but you might choose to describe an research on memory event.

It's very important NOT to write a long description of descriptive WHAT happens. If you do you are merely 'retelling the story' - this loses many marks. In a play you also lose marks if you do not discuss aspects of the staging and stage action. You will need to follow each quotation with an explanation of and a discussion on peace in the world essay, aspects of the language the descriptive author used in the quotation; this means discussing, for example, how aspects of the quotations literary, poetic or dramatic language works, including mentioning the method the writer used, the effect the language creates and the reasons this might have been done (this is the challenge essay EXPLAIN part of P.E.E). You should also aim to show how the quotation helped you develop your overall interpretation of the text (this is also the EXPLAIN part of P.E.E). 5. CREATE A LOGICAL STRUCTURE. Always work in a clear way through the text, from beginning to end. Avoid starting your essay by descriptive thesis, discussing a point that occurs half way through your text: ALWAYS begin at the beginning!

Many students begin discussing a text half way through or even near the end then go back to an earlier point. This ignores the statement child abuse work the writer puts in to develop an effective structure to their text - and loses marks! 6. CONCLUDE EFFECTIVELY. The conclusion to an essay is important but causes problems for many students. Descriptive? It should leave your reader with a pleasant and logical sense of 'closure' - a 'wrapping up' of the main ideas behind the essay . 1. Re-state in a different form (using rather different words) your opening argument. 2. And Change Essay? Now bring together your main points (again, avoiding simple repetition of the same words): list or summarise the main points from the preceding paragraphs (use the topic sentences from each paragraph to give you an idea). 3. Thesis? End by thesis child, identifying some of the wider implications and relevance that arise from what you have found and explored. The conclusion should consist of just a few sentences but these will need to be made to sound convincing and descriptive thesis, authoritative . It's crucial to keep the conclusion brief and to the point and, above all else, to cahsee rubric introduce no new material at all. ALWAYS WRITE ANALYTICALLY , NEVER DESCRIPTIVELY.

Here is an example of how many students go wrong; don't worry, you won't - but this is a very common mistake: In William Shakespeare's play, 'Romeo and Juliet', these are the descriptive thesis first two lines of the 'Prologue' as spoken by 'The Chorus': 'Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene. ' What follows is a typical 'retelling': an 'overview' or 'translation' that gains no marks : 'Here, Shakespeare is saying that the peace and harmony in the world essay play is set in Verona where there are two dignified families.' Compare the above 'description' with this analytical and descriptive, insightful interpretation : 'The opening lines of the hero essay yahoo answers Prologue are important because they paint a picture for thesis the audience of what could and should be - fairness and dignity. These words set up a powerful contrast to what is: the violence, hatred and bloodshed shown in the coming scene. It will be against essay this violent backdrop that the pure love of Romeo and descriptive thesis, Juliet will have to struggle.' Which approach and style would gain the higher mark? STUCK FOR WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT?

THERE ARE FOUR KEY ASPECTS THAT APPLY TO ALL TEXTS AND WHICH SHOULD FORM THE BASIS OF ANY LITERATURE ESSAY. FORM, CONTENT, STRUCTURE AND STYLE. This is so very often ignored despite the world essay fact that it provides the basis for the very best essays because it provides a subtle response. And subtlety always receives the highest marks ! When you write about a text at the level of its form , you analyse how aspects of it other than the meaning of its language have been used by the writer in important and effective ways. To give you an idea of the importance of descriptive form to a text, you yourself make use of the form of language when you speak loudly or softly , or when you chat or text a friend and use CAPS LOCK.

Also, when you create short or long sentences or paragraphs you are affecting the look - the form - of your writing. This, albeit subtly, affects the peace and harmony in the essay way the writing is received and interpreted. A novelist makes use of form by writing in sentences and paragraphs of varying lengths (you can imagine the effect a very short sentence, or a one-line paragraph, for example). The use of dialogue (spoken words shown inside speech marks) is also an effective use of thesis form, as is the and harmony essay use of underlining , bold or italics - or, in non-fiction texts, the inclusion of bullet points or sections. Poets are acutely aware of and very creative with the descriptive thesis use of cahsee biographical essay form. A poet makes use of descriptive form, for example, by consciously splitting up sentences into the lines of in the poetry . This allows the poet to descriptive thesis exaggerate a particular word by thesis abuse, placing it at the end of a line, or by rhyming it with a similar sounding word.

A non-fiction writer makes use of form by using layout and appearance and by adding illustrations and photographs , and so on. All writers use form by using patterns of sound , such as by using alliteration , rhyme , rhythm , onomatopoeia , assonance and so on. A playwright, of course, uses form very differently. When your essay concerns a play, therefore, you'll definitely be losing marks if you ignore aspects of form. Descriptive Thesis? In a play, much of the 'meaning' is created not from language but from thesis statement abuse what you see happening on the stage - the staging and stage action.

This includes not just what the actors do but what they wear , where they stand and so on - all potentially important formal aspects of the play that should find their way onto your essay. Form is thesis always worthy of comment when (but only hero, when ) if it adds usefully to the meaning, i.e. the content of thesis a text. Every word and phrase has a literal meaning . This is its basic dictionary meaning. Statement Abuse? It's sometimes called a word's denotation . E.g. 'In this story, the author's detailed description of darkness denotes the coming on of a storm'. This is a way of 'playing' around with a word's meaning that makes writing more vivid , emotional and interesting . Words and phrases can be used differently from thesis their literal context and paper on memory, given what is called a connotation . Using connotation or figurative language , a writer can introduce layers of meaning - especially emotional meaning (don't forget that many words can create both meaning and feeling ). The most common way this is done is to use a word not for its literal meaning but for its metaphorical or figurative meaning.

Another way is to use a word that acts as symbolically and represents something very different from thesis its literal meaning. E.g. 'As well as suggesting the proposal coming of descriptive a storm, the darkness also acts to suggest a metaphorical darkness is taking over the character's mind. In this way the darkness seems to be symbolising a kind of cahsee biographical essay rubric evil'. Using a pun - a witty play on thesis, words - is cahsee essay another way that meaning can be played with in an interesting way. Punning works because some words, in descriptive thesis, a certain context, can have an ambiguous meaning - two possible meanings - one of which might be humorous.

Irony is a key way that writers use to dissertation proposal form create layers of meaning. Sarcasm is irony, but this is a spoken form of irony that is intended to descriptive hurt someone's feelings by ridiculing some aspect of them. It's a crude, easy kind of irony not really subtle enough for in society writing. Irony is usually subtle , sophisticated , edgy and witty ; an thesis altogether more intelligent use of language. But irony can also be difficult to recognise - yet it is probably true to say that irony is one of the most common means by which a sophisticated writer creates layers of meaning in a text . Irony works because when it is recognised, it engages the reader very much more closely with the text. This is because, rather like solving a puzzle, there is a real enjoyment and satisfaction in hero essay yahoo, unpicking the various levels of thesis meaning created by the irony. Creating an 'ironic tone of voice' in writing is much harder than in speech because the dissertation proposal approval original sound of voice and facial expression or body language of the speaker are absent. To create an ironic tone (or any tone, for that matter), words have to be chosen with great care. It is a key reading skill to be able to thesis detect this as it tells you what attitude the research writer is taking towards their subject matter. An example of irony occurs in an old story by O. Henry called 'The Gift of the Magi'. This story of poor young lovers ends with the boyfriend selling the descriptive one thing he owns of value, his pocket watch, in order to buy his girlfriend an expensive hair comb; equally secretly, she has all of her long hair cut off to sell to a wig maker so she can afford to buy him. a chain for his watch.

Structure is the way a writer consciously 'shapes' a piece of writing in an attempt to make it as effective as possible for their audience and their purpose. It is important to comment on the structure of a text, e.g. 'The way the author slowly builds up the tension throughout this chapter helps create a feeling of real excitement and mystery'. Style is the proposal approval way a writer or speaker consciously chooses language and language features to suit a particular audience to achieve a specific purpose . When you aim to descriptive thesis convince your mum that Friday's party cannot be missed, you will consciously adapt your style to one that is more emotional and persuasive! Some famous writers have a particular style of their own that is quickly recognisable. John Steinbeck, Charles Dickens and William Wordsworth are three such writers - here, a writer's individual style is in society essay sometimes referred to as the descriptive writer's 'voice'.

Your primary job when analysing and discussing a text is to comment on its style - on hero, what are called the stylistic or language choices its writer has made, especially those that seem to descriptive you to have been chosen to create a particular effect to achieve a certain purpose. Dissertation Proposal Approval? So. Descriptive? if you are commenting on the form and content of paper a writer's language, you are commenting on thesis, the writer's style . COMPARING TWO OR MORE TEXTS. Even though it's a central part of the mark scheme, and always made clear in the essay question or title, each year many students still manage to write their comparison exam answer or coursework essay and forget to proposal approval form compare and contrast the texts . Aside from not knowing the texts sufficiently well, failing to compare and contrast is the number one reason marks are lost in this kind of essay. When writing about more than one text, your opening paragraph should be used to give the briefest details of descriptive thesis each text (i.e. your writing needs to be succinct !). This will mean being even more careful and sparing when you write an overview of each text, in which you give the big picture . There are two methods you can consider using when comparing texts: 1) Write about the thesis statement child abuse first text fully before moving on to the second - still using the thesis techniques outlined above; but when you go on to write about the second text, you must compare and hero essay answers, contrast it with the first. 2) Alternatively, and this makes the most sense when thinking about the descriptive argument essay, you write about both texts as you proceed . This allows you still, as shown above, to create a central argument , one in which examples to support the points are taken from proposal approval one or both texts as relevant to the point.

This second method is the descriptive thesis more complex and sophisticated of the proposal approval two.